- Faculty of Life Sciences and Education
Ad Dip Education and Evaluation
Award Leader and lecturer;
BSc (Hons) Risk Management, Security operations and Investigation
Module leader and lecturer in;
- Management skills for police officers PC2S002
- Performance and development. PC2S004
- Police research communication and technology PC2S001
- Performance and development (practitioner) I PC1S011
- Investigations PC2S016
- 30 Years Police Experience including major and volume crime investigation, child protection investigation, firearms, developed and delivered ‘race and diversity’ programmes.
- 5 Years Director of Studies for National Police Training at the Police Staff College.
Carried out a Scoping Study of the Afghanistan Police training needs, for Centrex, in Kabul, Afghanistan, May, 2004.
Designed and delivered an assessment and evaluation development programme for the ‘Gambian Police’ in Banjul The Gambia, February, 2004. This enabled the Gambia to establish a National Police Training School.
Designed and delivered a “Trainer Development Programme” to National standards for senior police officers in the ‘Ugandan Police Force’ Kampala, Uganda in March to April, 2002. This course established the Criminal Investigation Training School for Uganda.
Delivery of development training to Senior Police Officers in United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi.
Has worked in the security industry developing ‘Trainer design and development’ programmes approved by the SIA.
- Bsc (Hons) Police Sciences 2nd Year Tutor.
- Module Lead PC2S002, PC1S001 and PC2S016
‘Problems of Handling Police Informants’ Covert Policing Review, Winter 2007.
‘Applying stop and search, the underlying problem’ Police Professional, 2nd December, 2010.
‘Greater discretion in policing: a challenge for civil liberties?’ Policing today 16.3.
- Ethical Policing, the role of the Critical Thinker.
- Ethics and Policing.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.