Kirstie Goggin known as Kirstie
Bachelor of Science (1st Class Hons) in International Wildlife Biology
- Doctoral degree titled: ‘Developing new chemical and molecular technologies for the analysis of vegetable oils, particularly palm oil’.
- KESS2 PhD Studentship (~52K) covering October 2016-2019
- Winner of Best Poster at Food Integrity’s Postgraduate Symposium (September 2018)
- Nominee for SCI’s Young Lipid Scientist Award (June 2018)
- Participant at the European Industrial Doctoral School in Umea, Sweden (May 2018)
- Gas Handling Safety (July 2017)
- Network Analysis with Cytoscape and PSICQUIC, EMBL-EBI (May 2017)
- Hourly Paid Demonstrator in Vertebrate Zoology (BSc) (Jan- Mar 2019)
- Hourly Paid Demonstrator in Advanced Separation Science (MSc Analytical Chemistry) (Dec 2017- present)
- Othman, A., , Tahir, N. I., Brodrick, E., Singh, R., Sambanthamurthi, R., Parveez, G. H. A., Davies, A. N., Murad, A. J., Muhammad, N. H., Ramli, U. S., Murphy, D.J. (2019) ‘Use of headspace-gas chromatography-ion mobility spectrometry to detect volatile fingerprints of palm fibre oil and sludge palm oil in samples of crude palm oil.’ BMC Research Notes research article published online on 16th April 2019 available here
- and Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Monitoring the Traceability, Safety and Authenticity of Imported Palm Oils in Europe.’ Oilseeds and fats, Crops and Lipids, doi: 10.1051/ocl/2018059 review article published online on 16th November 2018 available here
- and Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Ensuring the Safety and Reliability of Foods and Other Products in Agriculutral Supply Chains. A Case Study Involving Vegetable Oils.’ World Agriculture, review article published online on 18th May 2018 available here
- , Brodrick, E., Covington, J., Davies, A. N. and Murphy, D.J. (2019) ‘Authentication of geographical origin of crude palm oil by GC-IMS fingerprinting and different analytical classification scenarios’ poster presented at Challenges in analysis of complex natural mixtures Faraday Discussions, Edinburgh, May 2019.
- Murphy, D. J. and (2018) ’Using big data mining and molecular editing of plant and animal genomes to improve global food security – scientific progress and ethical dilemmas’ slides presented at Wales Gene Park Sixth Form Conference, St. David’s Hall (UK), November 2018.
- , Brodrick, E., Davies, A. N. and Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Fast GC-IMS for Authenticating Geographical Provenance and Detecting Adulteration of Vegetable Oils’ updated slides presented at 16th EuroFed Lipid Congress and Expo, Belfast (UK), September 2018.
- , Brodrick, E., Davies, A. N. and Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Spectral Fingerprint Analysis Using Headspace-Gas Chromatography-Ion Mobility Spectrometry for Detecting Contamination and Authentication Geographical Origin of Palm Oil.’ poster presented at Food Integrity Postgraduate Symposium, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (CZ), September 2018.
- , Brodrick, E., Davies, A. N. and Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Fast GC-IMS for Authenticating Geographical Provenance and Detecting Adulteration of Vegetable Oils’ slides presented at SCIs Young Lipid Scientist awards, Belgrave (UK), June 2018.
- , Brodrick, E., Davies, A. N. and Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Fast GC-IMS for Authenticating Geographical Provenance and Detecting Adulteration of Vegetable Oils’ poster presented at the European Industrial Doctoral School, Umea (Sweden), 16th May 2018.
- , Brodrick, E., Davies, A. N. and Murphy, D. J. (2017) ‘The Traceability and Authenticity of Palm Oil using GC-Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS)’ slides presented at Campden BRI Tackling Food Fraud Seminar, Chipping Campden (UK), 10th October 2017.
- Associate Member of the Royal Society of Biology
- Student Member of the Society of Chemical Industry
- Molecular Biology
- Food Fraud
- Non-targeted Analysis
- Food Authentication
- Headspace-Gas Chromatography-Ion Mobility Spectrometry
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.