Kirstie Goggin known as Kirstie
Bachelor of Science (1st Class Hons) in International Wildlife Biology
- Current research student for doctoral degree titled: ‘Developing new chemical and molecular technologies for the analysis of vegetable oils, particularly palm oil’.
- KESS2 PhD Studentship (~52K) covering October 2016-2019
- Nominee for SCI’s Young Lipid Scientist Award (June 2018)
- Attended European Industrial Doctoral School in Umea, Sweden (May 2018)
- Gas Handling Safety (July 2017)
- Network Analysis with Cytoscape and PSICQUIC, EMBL-EBI (May 2017)
- Goggin, K. A., Brodrick, E., Davies, A., Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Fast GC-IMS for Authenticating Geographical Provenance and Detecting Adulteration of Vegetable Oils’ updated slides presented at SCIs Young Lipid Scientist awards, Belgrave UK, June 2018
- Goggin, K. A. and Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Ensuring the Safety and Reliability of Foods and Other Products in Agriculutral Supply Chains. A Case Study Involving Vegetable Oils.’ World Agriculture, review article published online on 18th May 2018
- Goggin, K. A., Brodrick, E., Davies, A., Murphy, D. J. (2018) ‘Fast GC-IMS for Authenticating Geographical Provenance and Detecting Adulteration of Vegetable Oils’ poster presented at the European Industrial Doctoral School, Umea Sweden, 16th May 2018.
- Goggin, K. A., Brodrick, E., Davies, A., Murphy, D. J. (2017) ‘The Traceability and Authenticity of Palm Oil using GC-Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS)’ slides presented at Campden BRI Tackling Food Fraud Seminar, Chipping Campden, 10th October 2017
- Associate Member of the Royal Society of Biology
- Student Member of the Society of Chemical Industry
- Molecular Biology
- Food Authentication
- Food Security
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.