Ben Daniels known as Ben Daniels Head of Rugby (Technical Demonstrator)
UKCC Level 1 Rugby Coaching
UKCC Level 2 Rugby Coaching
UKCC Level 3 Rugby Coaching
UKCC Level 4 WRU Rugby Coaching
WRU Coach Education qualified
UKAD Anti Doping qualified
Ben Daniels is the Head of Rugby for the University of South Wales. I predominantly looks after our rugby men’s first team, who currently play in the BUCS Premier League, with ambitions to make it into the BUCS Super League. My role is to coach and manage the team, as well as manage the strength and conditioning and analysis provisions. He also works heavily on creating links with the development team to bring them into the first team programme.
The other part of my role is to recruit the best possible students and rugby players to the university, whether they come to do a sport degree or a different type of degree. Ben also works as a technical demonstrator on the BSc (Hons) Rugby Coaching and Performance degree. His role entails assisting and delivering on the practical lessons, and helping students as they go through their Level 1 and Level 2 coaching qualifications.
I started my career by getting my UKCC Level 1 coaching aged 18, before being fast tracked at age 19 to do the UKCC Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications, making me the youngest Level 3 coach in Wales at the time. This means I have a very good understanding of the mind-set and position of the students when they come to the university from a technical, tactical, physical and psychological process .
I have also worked in a number of roles for the WRU, including a Participation Officer, Player Development Officer and the Hub Officer. As well as spending some time working with the Cardiff Blues as a Rugby Development Officer. Coached in the WRU Championship as a Head Coach and WRU Premiership as a backs attack coach.
BSc Rugby and Coaching and Performance Technical Demonstrator:
- Coach educator on the tag, level 1 and 2 UKCC awards.
- Mentor students on rugby placements.
- Run bespoke rugby workshops for schools and colleges.
- To promote digital digital marketing with our BSc Rugby, coaching and Performance students activities.
- To support open and applicant days
- To contribute to the Tech Dem group and support key marketing event.
Head of Rugby (Mens first team and oversee rugby provision):
- Mens head coach
- To oversee the running and organisation of the program.
- To liaise with our partnered rugby clubs, welsh exiles, colleges and Blues academy manager.
- To deliver analytical previews and reviews off opposition.
- To deliver individual player reviews and set targets for each individual.
Working with the Blues North U16 as a skills and attack coach in conjunction with USW and Cardiff Blues partnership.
Areas of Expertise
Rugby coaching and Performance technical demonstrator. Head of Rugby for the mens first team (Oversee rugby provision
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.