Dr Paula Stephens
Doctor of Education, University of Bristol.
MA Marketing. BSc (Hons) Business Administration. Chartered Institute of Marketing Postgraduate Diploma (DipM).
Paula Stephens is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing at Glamorgan Business School. Before joining the University of Glamorgan in 2000, Paula was a senior customer care and marketing professional in the communications industry.
Her research interests are mainly in the area of marketing communications relating to not-for-profit marketing and marketing of self: as well as narrative inquiry as a methodology in a business context. She currently teaches Advanced Marketing Communications and Brands and Reputation Management (at postgraduate level) and Foundations in Marketing and Marketing Communication (at undergraduate level.
Paula is a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and has been a Chartered Marketer for more than ten years.
Senior Lecturer in Marketing
Award Leader BA (Hons) in Marketing
- Agyapong Siaw, C and Stephens, P. (2012). “Exploring the evidence of societal marketing in corporate communications: A content analysis of the website communications of retail members of the British Retail Consortium,” Academy of Marketing Conference, Southampton: July 2012.
- Skinner, H.M. and Stephens, P., (2003), “Speaking the same language: the relevance of neuro-linguistic programming to effective marketing communications,” Journal of Marketing Communications, 9, 177-192
- Collins, A, Enos, H., Skinner, H and Stephens, P., “A Shock to the System: Exploring the relevance of neuro-linguistic programming to understanding the effects of shock tactics in advertising,” AM2002, 2002
- Skinner, H.M. & Stephens P., “Speaking the Same Language” – an exploratory study into the relevance of neuro-linguistic programming to effective marketing communication, 6th International Marketing & Corporate Communications Conference, Belfast : April 2001. Awarded “Best Competitive Paper”
- Stephens, P., Marketing the Postgraduate ‘Product’ – an exploratory study into the relevance of a marketing perspective within the Careers Service, Academy of Marketing Conference, Cardiff : July 2001.
- Chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Member of the Academy of Marketing
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Reviewer for the International Journal of Consumer Studies and the Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education
- External Examiner:
• 2005-2009: Loughborough University
• 2010 (current): UHI (Inverness)
- Marketing communication in education, not-for-profit and Muslim markets
Current Research Activity
- Research into the management of workplace behaviours.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.