BSc Econ (Hons), PGCE, Cert. Counselling
Please note the above email address is for staff use. If you are a prospective or current student please email MWS@southwales.ac.uk
Lots of information can be found on the Mental Wellbeing pages of UniLife.
Lynne is the Senior staff member in the Mental Wellbeing Service and provides confidential support to students who may be experiencing mental and emotional difficulties, including referral to and liaison with other services and departments. The Mental Wellbeing Advisers are also involved in raising awareness of mental health issues amongst staff and students across the university.
Lynne has worked for 25 years in health and social care and for nearly 20 years in mental health and in further and higher education. She holds a first degree from University of Swansea, a Counselling qualification and a PGCE in Adult Education and Training.
Senior Mental Wellbeing Adviser, Student Services.
- Provide advice and support to applicants and students with mental health difficulties;
- Manage a personal caseload of students with mental health difficulties;
- Manage crisis situations involving mental health issues;
- Liaise with academic and other university staff, and external agencies and services, to ensure that appropriate admissions arrangements, facilities and study support are provided for students with mental health problems;
- Raise awareness of mental health issues amongst staff and students.
- Provide consultation and support to staff within the University working with students with mental health difficulties;
- Contribute to university policy development to promote the inclusion of students with mental health problems;
- Seek and share feedback on the service provided and produce regular progress reports for the service;
- Manage the recruitment, co-ordination, support/development and supervision of suitable mentors to work with students who have mental health difficulties;
- Liaise and network with members of other institutions to share good practice.
On committe of UMHAN (University Mental Health Advisors Network)
Associate lecturer, Open University, Faculty of Health & Social Welfare.
Mental Health First Aid accredited trainer.
ASIST (Applied Sucicide Intervention Training) accredited trainer.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.