Aliyu Buba known as Aliyu Mayobani
MSc. Mobile & Satellite Communication
I am Ph.D research student in the field 5G Wireless Communications (massive MIMO/Beamforming-Beamsteering/HetNet), with huge interest in academic and other related professional careers.
1. 12yrs teaching experienced with an overseas Higher Education (HE) system.
2. 3yrs Ph.D research in the Wireless Communications
3. Over 3yrs teaching experience with UK HE (University of South Wales HPL staff)
1. Aliyu Buba Abdullahi, Akram Hammoudeh, and Benjamin Emmanuel Udoh “Performance Evaluation of MIMO System Using LTE Downlink Physical Layer” SAI Computing Conference July 13-15 2016 London UK
2. Aliyu Buba Abdullahi, Akram Hammoudeh, Rafael Caldeirinha, and Leshan Uggalla “Performance evaluation of Real time MIMO TestBED Using NI-2922 Universal Software Radio Peripheral” Future Technologies Conference (FTC2017) Vancouver BC, Canada, November 29-30 2017
3. Aliyu Buba Abdullahi, Rafael Caldeirinha, Leshan Uggalla, and Jonathan Eastment “Real time Multiuser-MIMO Beamforming/Steering Using NI-2922 Universal Software Radio Peripheral” Springer Publishing, Future of Information and Communication Conference, (FICC) 2019 14-15 March 2019, San Francisco, California USA.
4. Aliyu Buba Abdullahi, Rafael Caldeirinha, Leshan Uggalla, and Jonathan Eastment "5G New Waveforms Characterization using LTE-Advanced PHY, 13th Annual National Engineering Conference, Federal Polytechnic Mubi Adamawa State, Nigeria, 6th to 9th November, 2018
5. Aliyu Buba Abdullahi, Leshan Uggalla, Jonathan Eastment, Rafael Caldeirinha, Leshan Uggalla, and Akram Hammoudeh. 2019, “5G Wireless System Beamforming and Beamsteering Testbed Design using USRP) Radios” Invited talk at the The IET 7th Colloquium on Antennas, Wireless & Electromagnetics (CAWE) Salford, UK, 16th May 2019
1. Rodolfo Gomes, Aliyu Buba Abdullahi, Khaled Sobaihi, Akram Hammoudeh "Performance Evaluation of a Dual-Mode OFDM and SC-FDE System at mm-Wave enabling 5G Multi-Gigabit/s Wireless Communications (The IET Journal of Engineering (JOE-2017-0889) the United Kingdom)
2. Aliyu Buba Abdullahi, Rafael Caldeirinha, Leshan Uggalla, and Jonathan Eastment “MIMO System Performance Evaluation with 5G New Waveforms Using LTE-Advanced PHY” 18th School of Engineering Journal, Federal Polytechnic Mubi Adamawa State, Nigeria
Fellow: UK Higher Education (FHEA)
Associate Fellow: UK Higher Education (AFHEA)
Student member: IEEE, The Institute of Engineering & Technology (IET) UK,
Fellow member: Institute of Telecommunications (IT) Polytechnic Leiria, Portugal chapter
Research Student: Wireless & Optoelectronics Research & Innovators Centre (WORIC)
5G Wireless Communications
Mobile & Satellite Communications
Areas of Expertise
Electrical and Electronics/Wireless Communications
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.