Elaine Evans known as Elaine
MA Education Management and Leadership
BA (Hons) Post Compulsory Education and Training (1st)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
Observation of Learning and Teaching, (L5 Qualification)
Certificate in Education, Post Compulsory Education and Training (Distinction)
Elaine Evans is module leader on the technology focused module, Enhancing Learning Teaching and Assessment on the full time and part time Professional Graduate and the full time Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Post Compulsory Education and Training. Elaine is a course tutor on these programmes, supporting trainee student teachers when on teaching placement, liaising and providing training and support placement mentors and to complete teaching practice observations for the trainee student teachers. Elaine also provides pastoral support to students during the course of their studies.
Elaine engages with a range of educational technologies to embed blended learning strategies and innovative pedagogies into her practice in a range of contexts; to support student teachers when developing their own digital skills and literacies through innovative and creative practices in the classroom to meet the diverse needs of the learners and curriculum levels across the Pcet sector.
For further information and to connect with Elaine Evans on LinkedIn:
Elaine has taught in Community, Further and Higher Education for approximately 15 years. Elaine’s roles and responsibilities across the Lifelong Learning Sector during this time include:
- Course tutor on the PGCE/Cert Ed Post Compulsory Education and Training (PcET)
- Module leader and course tutor on the Professional Certificate in Education (PcET)
- Lecturer on the BA (Hons) Primary Studies with QTS
- BA dissertation supervision and Moudule leader on the BA (Hons) PcET programme
- Course tutor and Module Leader on Diploma to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS)
- Course tutor and Module Leader on Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- Course tutor and Module Leader within Community Education to facilitate Independent Living.
- Course tutor and lecturer in FE in Business and IT, Construction, Health and Social Care
- Course tutor for Key, Essential and Functional Skills.
Course tutor for the Post and Professional Graduate Certificate in Education and Training Post Compulsory Education and Training
Module Leader for Enhancing Learning Teaching and Assessment
Module Leader for The Role of ICT in FE
Module Leader for Blended Learning Applications
Link Co-ordinator with Centre Partnership Institutions
Senior Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
Fellow of the Society of Education and Training (FSET/QTLS)
Member of the Institute of Welsh Affairs (IWA)
Member of the British Educational Research Association (BERA)
Member of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Registered with the Education Workforce Council (Lecturer)
Areas of Expertise
Initial Teacher Training
Mentoring and Tutoring
Use of technologies to enhance learning, teaching and assessment
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.