ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fine Art BA (Hons), Gwent College of Higher Education, Newport (1985)
- After Effects Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) (2013)
Stan has been an animation technician at the university for the past nineteen years, during which time he has overseen the many technological changes from the use of film and video to the digital age and extensive use of computers for creating the many varied styles of animation celebrated at the University of South Wales. Stan assists with the practical aspects of film production and is responsible for the development and upkeep of equipment and digital facilities for the programme, whilst providing technical workshops and one to one tuition on the range of software available at the Atrium Campus, Cardiff.
Main responsibilities include:
- delivering timetabled technical instruction on a range of equipment including the Stop-Motion studio (lighting equipment, stills cameras, software, etc.).
- delivering timetabled technical instruction on a range of software including After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Animate, Toon Boom Studio, Stop Motion Pro, Flip Book, TV Paint and CelAction.
- supporting and assist students in acquiring and applying the technical skills necessary to complete their assignments and projects.
- maintaining and preparing equipment.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.