PhD in Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department
Power Electronics 1987. Brunel University, England.
Diplom-Ingenieur (“Dipl.Ing.”)1991 Technical University of Vienna AUSTRIA.
Doctor technicae (“Dr.techn.”) 1991 Technical University of Vienna AUSTRIA.
BSc(Eng)Hons, in Electrical Engineering Department 1978. Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
Since graduated in 1978 I have been involved in teaching, reserching in higher education.
Refereed Journal Publications
1) S. Thomas, S.S.A. Obayya, D. Pinto, D. Dulay, W. Balachandran, M. Darwish, “Time Domain Analysis of Ultrasonic Wave Propagation Using an Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer”, Sensors & Transducers Journal, pp. 102-115, Sept. 2009
2) S. Thomas, S.S.A Obayya, D. Pinto, D. Dulay, W. Balachandran, M. Darwish, “Surface Defect Detection in non ferromagnetic material using an Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducer EMAT”, Journal of Materials Science and Engineering Dec.2009, Volume3,No12 (serial No.25)
3) A. Centonza, Mostafa Darwish, A. H. Kharaz, Mohamed Darwish; Wavelet Transform applications in Active Filters, International Journal on Engineering Applications (IREA), publishedin March 2013 (Vol.1 N.2).
Refereed Conference Papers
• T. Thomson, P. Mehta and Mostafa Darwish,“A NOVEL REACTIVE FILTER FOR D.C. RIPPLE SUPPRESSION”, Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC)1987.
• Mostafa Darwish, T. Thomson and P. Mehta, “A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR SMOOTHING D.C. RIPPLE IN RECTIFIER CIRCUITS”, Fourth International Conference on Power Electronics and Variable Speed Drives, London, July 1990.
• Mostafa Darwish, and P. Mehta, “VARIABLE CAPACITOR FILTER FOR SMOOTHING RECTIFIER OUTPUT”, 22nd Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC), June1991.
• Mostafa Darwish, Mohamed Darwish, and P. Mehta, “PROGRAMMABLE TUNED FILTERS FOR RETO-FIT APPLICATIONS”, Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC) 1991.
• Mohamed Darwish, P. Mehta, and Mostafa Darwish, “CONTROL STRATEGIES FOR ACTIVE FILTERS USING PATTERN RECOGNITION TECHNIQUES”, Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC), June 20-24, 1993, Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.
Mostafa Darwish, Mohamed Darwish, and P. Mehta, “A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR VARIABLE CAPACITOR FILTER PART I: A.C. CURRENT HARMONIC CONTROL” IEEE International Power Electronics Congress, Cuernavaca, Mexico, October 14-17, 1996.
• Musil, V. Mostafa Darwish, B Singh “Extended Jiles -Atherton model of magnetic nonlinear core for PSpice” Proc. Of International AMSE conference SYS 95. July 3-5 1995, Borno, vol.3,pp200-204.
• Mostafa Darwish, Mohamed Darwish, and P. Mehta, “A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR VARIABLE-CAPACITOR FILTER” ICECS’ 97, The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and System,. Cairo, Egypt, December 15-18 1997.
• B Singh and Mostafa Darwish, “A NEW POWER INTERFACE FOR SOLAR, WIND-ELECTRIC AND FUEL-CELL SYSTEMS OPERATING AT LINE FREQUENCY WITH SINUSOIDAL OUTPUT” ICECS’ 97, The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and System,. Cairo, Egypt, December 15-18 1997.
• Darwish Mostafa and Gamal Hashem “ Generalized symmetrical angle PWM technique for A.C. Voltage controller” 39th International Universities Power Engineering Conference 6th-8th September, UWE Bristol UK 2004.
• Darwish Mostafa “Modelling and analysis of a new amorphous core transformer circuits” 13th International Middle East Power System Conference, December 20-23 2009 Assiut University, Assiut Egypt.
Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering MIEEE
Member of the Institution of Electrical Engineer MIET
Chartered Electrical Engineer CENG
Past Chairman of IEE Power Section Committee1999/2000 Yorkshire
Member of the UK Committee on Climate Change since 2008
Expertise or Interest :
Research interest covers the area of Modern Power Electronics, Efficiency Power Converters, Power Factor Correction, Active Power Filters, High Frequency Transformer based on modern magnetic materials, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Nonlinear Simulation Techniques, Methods of Modern Control, Fuzzy Logic, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Renewable Energy Systems, Electric Vehicle and Super Conductivity
Dr Darwish supervised 5 PhD students who completed successfully and over 25 MSc dissertations.
Degree Examiner Appointments :Member of the research committee of the faculty of engineering at Leeds Metropolitan University. Member of the Postgraduate committee member of the faculty of engineering at Leeds Metropolitan University. PhD external examiner for Hertfordshire University, University of Derby
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.