- Postgraduate Certificate in Developing Professional Practice in HE (USW).
- MSc Information Management (University of the West of England).
- BA English Literature & History (Cardiff University).
- 2017 – present: Senior Learning Technologist (USW – CELT).
- 2013 – 2017: Learning Technologist (USW – CELT).
- 2011-2013: Learning Technologist (UWN – CDEL).
- 2008-2011: Senior Information Assistant – Journals (UWN – Library).
- 2007-2008: Graduate Library Trainee (Oxford University Libraries).
- Jones, E. ‘Transformative Learning Spaces: Rethinking the virtual learning space.’ USW Learning and Teaching Conference 2017.
- Jones, E. & Naamani, C. ‘Whose resource is this anyway?: Developing an OER to support transition to Level 6.’ FACE 2015: Closing the Gap: Bridges for Access and Lifelong Learning. 1-3 July 2015.
- Naamani, C. & Jones, E. ‘Developing Resources to Support Transition from College Based HE to an HE Campus – a staff and student perspective.’ OER15: Mainstreaming Open Education. 14-15 April 2015.
- Jones, E. & Sykes, C. ‘Learning to ride by accident. Or, the Learning Technologists who went in as podcast creators and came out as collaborators.’. altc2014: Riding Giants: How to innovate and educate ahead of the wave. September 2014.
Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy);
Chartered Member of the Association for Learning Technology.
Areas of Expertise
- Social media for teaching and learning;
- Lecture capture;
- Digital literacy;
- Technologies for assessment and feedback;
- Blended learning;
- Open access.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.