Mehedi Hassan known as Mehedi
Research Student for Doctoral Degree (PhD)
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electrical Engineering
- Research interest
- Biological data mining,
- Database designing for evolutionary & population genomics,
- High-performance computing and distributed Systems for functional genomics
- Lecturer, Mathematics For Engineers (2014/15)
- System administrator for GlaComBio web server.
- Senior Resident Tutor at University of South Wales Halls of Residence
- The International Society for Computational Biology
- The British Computer Society
- The IEEE Computer Society
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- External Marker – The School of Physics and Astronomy, Cardiff University
- Reviewer of PLOS One journal published by The Public Library of Science
- President, Regional Students Group of International Society of Computational Biology’s Student Council.
- Application of HMM to delineate evolutionary biology among plants and animals.
- Bio-informatics of Oil Palm genome
- Evolutionary study of microbial genomes
- Security of Bioinformatics Web Applications
- Welsh Crucible funded project to develop a Public Engagement Suite for Molecular Biology and Genomic Education targeted to young pupils.
Areas of Expertise
- Bioinformatics Web Application
- MVC Applications
- Data Modelling and Database Designing (SQL and noSQL)
- Public Engagement in Molecular Biology
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.