Dr Amandeep Kaur
May 2015 – Present – Research Fellow: Bioelectrochemical Systems for Sensing and Oxidation Processes
2010-2014 – PhD “A Bioelectrochemical Sensing System for Measuring Acidic bioprocess Fermentation End Products” (USW)
2008 – M.Sc Microbiology (GND University, India)
2005 – B.Sc Biotechnology (GND University, India)
2011-2013 – Hourly Paid Lecturer (HPL) at Faculty of Advanced Technology.
2008-2010 – Research Assistant at Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, India.
- A. Kaur, R.M. Dinsdale, A.J. Guwy, G.C .Premier (2015): “Improved Dynamic Response and Range in Microbial fuel Cell Based Volatile Fatty Acid Sensor by Using Poised Potential”. Renewable Energy in the Service of Mankind Vol I, pp 183-192, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-17777-9_17
- Amandeep Kaur, Hitesh C. Boghani, Iain Michie, Richard M Dinsdale, Alan J Guwy, Giuliano C Premier, (2014), “Inhibition of methane production in microbial fuel cells: Operating strategies which select electrogens over methanogens”, Bioresource Technology 173: 75-81
- Amandeep Kaur, Saad Ibrahim, Christopher J. Pickett, Iain S. Michie, Richard M. Dinsdale, Alan J. Guwy, Giuliano C. Premier (2014) : Anode Modification to Improve the Performance of a Microbial Fuel Cell Volatile Fatty Acid Biosensor. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 201: 266-273
- Amandeep Kaur, Jung Rae Kim, Iain Michie, Richard M Dinsdale, Alan J Guwy, Giuliano C Premier, (2013): Microbial fuel cell type biosensor for specific volatile fatty acids using acclimated bacterial communities. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 47: 50–55
- Belle Damodara Shenoy, Rajesh Jeewon, Hongkai Wang, Kaur Amandeep, Wellcome H. Ho, Darbhe Jayarama Bhat, Pedro W. Crous, Kevin D. Hyde, (2010): Sequence data reveals phylogenetic affinities of fungal anamorphs Bahusutrabeeja, Diplococcium, Natarajania, Paliphora, Polyschema, Rattania and Spadicoides. Fungal Diversity 44:161–169
- Pratibha SJ, Amandeep K, Shenoy BD, Bhat DJ (2010): Caliciopsis indica sp. nov. from India. Mycosphere 1, 65–72.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.