Clayton Jones known as Clayton
BA (Hons) Business Studies
PGCE (Further Education)
Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner
Agile Business Analyst
Member of staff since 1997.
14 years’ experience of project managing substantial European funded operations.
As Programme Manager of the Centre of Excellence in Mobile and Emerging Technologies (CEMET), I am responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the Research & Development and Quality Assurance functions of the programme. This includes:
1. Ensuring the effective co-ordination of CEMET, ensuring that key interdependencies between collaborative R&D projects are identified, planned and managed – this includes risk analysis / mitigation and contingency planning
2. Managing the overall progress of the programme, taking appropriate action to deal with forecasted slippage against agreed tolerance levels
3. Managing the programme’s £6.4m budget, monitoring expenditure and third-party/match funding contributions
4. Ensuring the programme’s objectives are reviewed on an ongoing basis, through presentation of progress reports at agreed intervals to the Programme Board and WEFO
5. Preparing for programme reviews and audit by ensuring all documentation is accurate and up to date, and that stakeholders involved in delivery contribute to the process as required
6. Undertaking business development and the maintenance / development of the CEMET Business Network and all relationships with external partners in partnership with the Commercial Manager
Areas of Expertise
1. Programme Management
2. Project Management
3. Managing Collaborative R&D projects (in particular with SMEs)
4. Emerging Technologies
5. Strategic Planning
6. Preparing and Managing Budgets
7. Risk Assessment and Mitigation
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.