Bobby Mehta known as Bobby
- University of Luton PgD, E-Business Management
- University of Luton BA (Hons), Marketing and Travel & Tourism
I work for the University of South Wales which is located across campus in Cardiff, Newport & Pontypridd in the UK!
The University of South Wales was previously called the University of Glamorgan before being renamed on the 11th April 2013 after merging with the University of Wales, Newport.
I have been working at the University since September 2002, starting in the International Recruitment Office as an International Officer and have progressed to various positions at the University including Head of International Business & Development in the Faculty of Business and Society and a secondment to the position of Acting Director of the International Office in October 2012.
In August 2013, I was appointed to the position of Head of Student Recruitment at the University of South Wales and most recently in October 2014 my role has changed to include managing the of Enquiries & Admissions team at the University.
My work experience to date has allowed me to engage at both an operational and strategic level in Higher Education across Wales, the UK and globally.
My primary experience is in Higher Education is particularly related to admissions, partnership, recruitment and business development overseas and over the years I have developed strong links and networks in the UK and a large number of countries overseas as result of the nature of my work.
Since 2002 I have worked on many cross University working groups and committees. Whilst externally I have acted in an advisory capacity to a number of organisations such as the British Council, Wales International Consortium (WIC), Universities Wales and I am currently serving on the Executive Committee of the British Universities’ International Liaison Association (BUILA) (www.buila.ac.uk) as the elected member for Wales and Vice-Chair.
- Head of Student Recruitment from August 2013 to October 2014
- Acting Director of the International Office from October 2012 to August 2013.
- Head of International and Business Development at University of Glamorgan – Faculty of Business and Society from May 2011 to August 2013.
- Deputy Head of International Recruitment at University of Glamorgan from September 2002 to April 2011 (8 years 8 months).
- International Office Assistant University of Bedfordshire (University of Luton) from 2000 to 2002 (2 years).
- Admissions Assistant University of Bedfordshire (University of Luton) from 1998 to 2000 (2 years).
I am responsible for managing:
- 10 staff in the International and EU Student Recruitment team
- 6 staff in the Immigration & International Student Advice team
- 20.8 staff in the Enquiries & Admissions team
The main purpose of this role is to:
- Make recommendations for and implement the University’s Admissions Policy
- Lead and manage all enquires and applications processes maximizing conversion
- Develop and implement direct recruitment strategies for EU and international markets
- Ensure international recruitment activity complies with University requirements and that applicants and students are accurately advised and supported
- Identify new market opportunities and create business plans to support allocating budgets to markets with greatest return
- Liaise and build relationships with faculty staff to ensure effective recruitment
- Support and advise the Director on recruitment issues
- Ensure budget and administration processes are effective
- British Universities’ International Liaison Association (BUILA) – Executive Committee Member – Lead for Welsh Universities and Vice Chair from December 2009 to Present.
- South Wales Chamber of Commerce – All Wales International Trade Panel Member from August 2012 to October 2014.
- Association of Business Schools (ABS) – International and External Relations Sub-Committee Member from October 2012 to Present.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.