BSc (Hons) Computer Forensics
Role and Job Title:- Senior Lecturer in Forensic Science
Course Leader for MSci/BSc Forensic Investigation within the School of Applied Sciences at USW.
Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Analytical and Forensic Science (Top Up)
Eight years teaching practical skills in the area of Forensic Science.
Delivered Forensic teaching to students as part of the UHOVI initiative
Team leader at the Institute of Medical Genetics at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff working on diagnostic DNA testing between 2004 and 2008.
21 years’ experience in the Forensic Science Service in the following roles:
• Team leader on the National DNA Database leader from the beginning in 1995 up until 2004. The role included DNA sample processing and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
• DNA analyst at the Chepstow laboratory between 1993 and 1995
• DNA analysts, conventional blood grouping specialist and search assistant at the Huntingdon Laboratory between 1982 and 1993.
Current Teaching includes the following modules:
• FP4S001 Advanced DNA Profiling
• FP2S09 Forensic Evidence
• BI3S112/FP3H17 Forensic Genetics/Forensic DNA Analysis
• FP3S102 Research, Professional Practice and Employability in the Forensic Sciences
• FP3S10 Fire and Explosion Investigation.
• PC0S006 Police Law and Crime Investigation
• FP2S97 Practical Applications of Forensic Investigation
• Course Leader for MSci/BSc Forensic Investigation
• Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Analytical and Forensic Science (Top Up)
• Senior Lecturer in Forensic Science
• Delivery of training and education to students through lectures and tutorials
• supported by practical class instruction
• Personal Coach
• Personal Tutor
• Project supervision
• Involvement in open day, applicant day and conference activities
• Course and module development
Research generated through direction of MSc projects. Areas have included contact DNA, DNA degradation studies of blood/tissue subjected to different environments, food forensics.
Areas of Expertise
DNA, conventional blood grouping, Laboratory Information Management Systems, Crime scene processing, Computer Forensics, Forensic science search techniques.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.