Dr Julianna Gal
BSc, MSc, PhD, CSCS
- Foundation Biomechanics (CH0S06)
- Clinical Biomechanics for Chiropractic (CH1S16)
- Hooper J, James S, Jones D, Lee D and Gál J (2008). The influence of training with heavy rugby balls on selected spin pass variables in youth rugby union players. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 11, 209-213.
- Barlow A, Clarke R, Johnson N, Seabourne B, Thomas D and Gál J (2007). Effect of massage of the hamstring muscles on selected electromyographic characteristics of biceps femoris during sub-maximal isometric contraction. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 28:3, 253-256.
- Barlow A, Clarke R, Johnson N, Seabourne B, Thomas D and Gál J (2004). Effect of massage of the hamstring muscle group on performance of the sit and reach test. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 38, 349-351.
- Gal, J. (2002). Mammalian spinal biomechanics: postural support in seated macaques. J. of Experimental Biology, 205:1703-1707.
- Lee, M., Gal, J. and Herzog, W. (2000) Biomechanics of Manual Therapy in Clinical Biomechanics, Ed. By Zeevi Dvir, Churchill Livingstone (Harcourt, Inc.) pages 209-238.
- Herzog, W. and Gal, J. (1999). Tendon in Biomechanics of the Musculo-Skeletal System 2nd Edition, Ed. by Benno M. Nigg and Walter Herzog. John Wiley and Sons Ltd, England, pages 127-147
- International Society of Biomechanics (ISB); Full Member #4401.
- UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA); Associate Member #21748.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA); Professional Member #336681.
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciencs (BASES); Professional Member #102697.
Mechanics and energetics of vertebrate posture and locomotion
Spinal mechanics, materials and safety factors
Musculo-skeletal adaptations to loading conditions, with special reference to strength training and plyometrics
Areas of Expertise
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.