Prof Jennifer Austin
MSc & PhD Psychology (Florida State University, USA)
Board Certified Behaviour Analyst
Professor of Psychology
Head of Behaviour Analysis
Course Leader, MSc Behaviour Analysis & Therapy
Course Leader, PgDip Behaviour Analysis Supervised Practice
Recent Journal Articles
- Joslyn, R. P., Austin, J. L., Donaldson, J. M., & Vollmer, T. R. (accepted). A practitioner’s guide to the Good Behavior Game. Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice.
- Angelakis, I., Austin, J.L., & Gooding, P. A. (accepted).Childhood maltreatment and suicide attempts in prisoners: A systematic meta-analytic review. Psychological Medicine.
- Groves, E. A., & Austin, J. L. (accepted). Examining adaptations of the Good Behavior Game: A comparison of known and unknown criteria for winning. School Psychology Review.
- Joslyn, R. P., Donaldson, J. M., Austin, J. L., & Vollmer, T. R. (2019). Current research on the Good Behavior Game: A brief review. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 52, 811-815.
- Groves, E. A., & Austin, J. L. (2019). Does the Good Behaviour Game evoke negative peer pressure? An analysis in primary and secondary school classrooms. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 52, 3-16.
- Angelakis, I., Lewis, V., Austin, J. L., & Panagioti, M. (2018). Examining the effects of punishment schedule density on the development and maintenance of avoidance and safety behaviors: Implications for exposure therapies. Journal of Behavior Therapy & Experimental Psychiatry, 61, 172-179.
Recent Conference Presentations
- Austin, J. L. (2019, May). Common mistakes behavior analysts make when working in schools (and what to do instead). Invited address presented at the Association for Behavior Analysis International Convention, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Austin, J. L., Scoble, K., Davies, L., & Angelakis, I. A. (2018, May). A comparison of positive and negative reinforcement with secondary school mathematics avoiders with emotional and behavioural disorders. Paper presented at the Association for Behavior Analysis International Convention, San Diego, California, USA.
Member of the Association for Behavior Analysis International
Member of the UK Society for Behaviour Analysis
Editorial Board, Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
Editorial Board, Behaviour Analysis Research and Practice
Editorial Board, Education and Treatment of Children
Editorial Board, Journal of Behavioural Education
President, UK Society for Behaviour Analysis
Advisor, Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies
Research interests include
- Assessment and intervention for typically developing children with challenging behaviour
- Teacher training and support for implementing classroom management systems and individual behaviour management programs
- Adapting behavioural interventions for children who have experienced trauma
- Applying behaviour analysis to promote positive behaviour change in prisons
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.