MSc & PhD Psychology (Florida State University, USA)
Board Certified Behaviour Analyst
Academic Manager, Behaviour Analysis Unit
Award Leader, BSc (Hons) Childhood and Youth
Award Leader, MSc Behaviour Analysis & Therapy
Award Leader, PgC Behaviour Analysis Supervised Practice
Recent Journal Articles
- Groves, E. A., & Austin, J. L. (in press). An evaluation of interdependent and independent group contingencies during the Good Behavior Game. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Donaldson, J. M., & Austin, J. L. (2017). Environmental and social factors in preventing, assessing, and treating problem behavior in young children. Policy Insights in the Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 4, 9-16. doi: 10.1177/2372732216683964
- Angelakis, I. C., & Austin, J. L. (2015). Maintenance of safety behaviors via response-produced stimuli. Behavior Modification, 39, 932-954.
- Austin, J. L., Groves, E. A., Reynish, L. C., & Francis, L. L. (2015). Assessing the utility of trial-based functional analyses in mainstream primary school classrooms. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 48, 274-288.
Recent Conference Presentations
- Austin, J. L. (2016, October). Improving the efficiency and utility of classroom functional behavior assessments. Invited paper presented at the Icelandic Association for Behavior Analysis, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Groves, E. A., & Austin, J. L. (2016, May). An evaluation of interdependent and independent group contingencies during the Good Behavior Game. Paper presented at the Association for Behavior Analysis International Convention, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Austin, J. L. (2016, April). What educators and students can tell us about functional assessment and intervention in schools. Invited paper presented at the Iowa Department of Education Learning Supports Conference, Des Moines, Iowa, USA.
*Also presented as a keynote address at the Swedish Association for Behavior Analysis Conference, Stockholm, Sweden (2016, September).
Member of the Association for Behavior Analysis International
Member of the UK Society for Behaviour Analysis
Associate Editor, European Journal of Behaviour Analysis
Associate Editor, Education and Treatment of Children
Editorial Board, Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
Editorial Board, Behaviour Analysis Research and Practice
Editorial Board, Journal of Behavioural Education
Past-President, UK Society for Behaviour Analysis
Advisor, Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies
Behaviour analysis in schools, including:
- Assessment and intervention for typically developing children with challenging behaviour
- Teacher training and support for implementing classroom management systems and individual behaviour management programs
- Evaluation of the generality of behaviour analytic interventions for improving children’s social and academic behaviours in general education classrooms
- Behaviour analytic approaches to university teaching
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.