Sally’s work mainly revolves around the business of the USW Research Programmes Sub Committee (Chaired by Professor Paul Roach), this centrally based Committee is responsible for:
- approving examination arrangements and the appointment of examiners for research degrees (plus independent chairs to conduct the viva)
- dispatching submitted theses to examiners and associated documentation to all parties involved in the process
- reviewing examination reports
- uphold University Regulations with regards to examination procedures
- confirming post-viva outcomes and co-ordinate review of amendments where required
- conferment of research degrees
- audit the process of annual monitoring performed by Faculty Research Programmes Committee (FRPC)
- identify and disseminate good practice and implement accordingly in the delivery of Research Degrees at USW
- Provide advice and support to Research Supervisors and Students
Sally is a member of the Graduate Research Office team which has overall responsibility for Research Student Administration across the University of South Wales. The GRO is a small unit and is independent of Faculties and forms part of the Research Office. A full list of Research Office staff and their areas of expertise is available here
As a department the Research Office works closely together to support the training and development of researchers, working to enhance PGR delivery and the experience of Research Degrees and to support the University’s commitment to research provision.
Research Degree Regulations, Codes of Practice (for Examiners, Supervisors & Students), research degree related forms and other useful information are available here
The Research Office is based at ‘The Lodge’ (Treforest Campus).
• Welsh Government – Social Services Inspectorate
• University of Wales College of Medicine – Dental School Academic Office
• University of the West of England, Bristol – Research Office Faculty of Environment and Technology
Areas of Expertise
Research Degree Regulations and Examinations
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.