Mabrouka Abuhmida known as Mab
PhD, MSc, PGCertHE, BEng
I have a PhD degree in computer networks. I am an enthusiastic professional academic who is equally comfortable in research and lecturing. I can teach students in an academic setting and provide training to professionals from the commercial sector.
I am expert in the Internet of Things and wireless sensor network (modelling, simulation and analysis).
Cypher security and machine learning are one of my main research interests. I intensively use Anaconda accompanied with libraries such as scikit-learn, Kera and panda to apply and optimise different ML and DL techniques.
I have strong programming skills using C++ and Python. I am OPnet and QualNet expert; I use both systems competently for network modelling, process modelling, link modelling, simulation and analysis.
I am fellow of teaching in higher education, and former TEDx talks Swansea and TEDx women organiser.
In 2019 I was a finalist nominee for the Women in IT excellence award for the Role model of the year category.
In 2018 I was invited to give a special IET Wales lecture to celebrate the women in engineering year.
In 2017 I was named the most influential women in computer science at Swansea University. I was invited to give a Soapbox science talk about my research ” the internet of things that matter” in the same month BBC wales radio interviewed me on their ”the science cafe” show for my activities in research and as a STEM ambassador.
I play the Guitar and an amateur photographer.
Lecturer od embedded design and software at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David ( 2018 – 2019)
Associate lecturer of computer science at Swansea University (2016 – 2018)
Part-time lecturer of applied computing at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David ( 2014- 2016)
Course leader of the undergraduate Artificial Intelligence with Computer Science
Module leader for Deep learning ( level 7)
Module Team for Machine Learning And Autonomous Systems (level 7)
Module leader for Machine Learning and Natural Intelligence (level 6)
Module leader for Intelligent Decision Support Systems ( level 5)
Module leader for Logic Programming and Critical thinking ( level 4)
1. Book; Abuhmida, M. “ANTMANET: ACO based routing protocol”; 2018
2. Abuhmida, M., Radhakrishnan, K., &Wells, I., 2016. Modelling and Evaluating the Performance of A Highly Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks routing protocols, International Journal of Computer Technology and Applications (IJ CTA).
3. Abuhmida, M., Radhakrishnan, K. & Wells, I., 2015. Evaluating the Performance of ANTMANET Protocol for MANET. In IEEE International Conference on Internet Technologies & Applications, (ITA15). Wrexham, North Wales, UK, United Kingdom.
4. Abuhmida, M., Radhakrishnan, K., & Wells, I., 2015. Performance Evaluation of Mobile Adhoc Routing Protocols on Wireless Sensor Networks for Environmental Monitoring. In IEEE UKSim-AMSS 17th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation, (UKSim2015). Cambridge, United Kingdom.
5. Abuhmida, M., Radhakrishnan, K., & Wells, I., 2015. ANTMANET A Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In IEEE 7th Int Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Network, (CICSyN2015). Riga, Latvia.
6. Abuhmida, M., Wells, I. & X. C. A, 2011. Survey of Wireless Sensor Network Protocols Enabling High Mobility with a Focus on Swarm Intelligence. In IEEE Fourth International Conference on Internet Technologies & Applications (ITA 11). Wrexham, North Wales, UK, United Kingdom.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
External examiner in Birmingham city university
Consultancy for: The SMARTinnovation businesses team, the Welsh government.
Consultancy for: Westgate Cyber Security Limited.
A reviewer for: Tthe International Journal of Computer Networks and Applications (IJCNA)- ISSN : 2395-0455.
Assessor for: The Jaguar primary school challenge.
Internet of things
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.