Rita Al-Jadiri known as Dr. Rita Aljadiri
▪ Ph.D. Electronic Engineering, Coventry University, 2014.
▪ MA Education (Coaching and Mentoring), Middlesex University, 2018.
▪ Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education, Middlesex University, 2016.
▪ MBA Aviation Management,Coventry University, 2010.
▪ BEng Electronic Engineering, Emirates Aviation University, 2008.
September 2014 – June 2018 Emirates Aviation University, Dubai
Senior Lecturer/ Program coordinator
▪ Responsible for carrying out teaching and research duties.
▪ Conducted professional development workshops for engineering faculty
▪ Was supporting, advising and mentoring new and existing teaching faculty
▪ Involved in the recruitment process of teaching and laboratory staff
▪ Was responsible for the departmental administrative tasks (Program coordinator for the first diploma, extended diploma, engineering foundation and HND Part-time)
▪ Was heading the examination committee
▪ Was heading the orientation day team
▪ Involved in the internal verification of Edexcel programs
▪ Was responsible for attending open days and giving demonstrations to students and parents on the University commitment to high-quality education and training
▪ Provided academic advice and support to students on a personal level
▪ Organized field trips for the school of engineering.
September 2007 – September 2014 Emirates Aviation University, Dubai
▪ Delivered lectures using advanced teaching techniques
▪ Organized, implemented and monitored programs and assessments
▪ Was responsible for preparing learning material for courses and introducing practical activities
▪ Supervised training at the electronics and avionics engineering workshop
▪ Involved in the evaluation committee for graduation projects
▪ Was responsible for organizing poster sessions at the University
September 2005 – September 2007 Emirates Aviation University, Dubai
▪ Was responsible for organizing and monitoring experimental work of the students
▪ Was responsible for resolving issues and solve problems in manufacturing, construction, inspection, and maintenance of electronic devices and lab equipment
▪ Updated and managed inventory tracking system and management of all lab equipment
▪ Implemented actively lab policies and had complete knowledge of health & safety rules and regulations
1. Darshan A. Bhatia, Rita T. Abdulmunam, “Electromagnetic UAV launch system”, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Engineering (ICITE 2017), Singapore, September 2017.
2. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Wind energy harvesting systems: A better understanding of their sustainability”, IEEE 3rd International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR 2017), Japan, April 2017.
3. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Electrostatic energy harvesting systems: A better understanding of their sustainability”, 2nd International Conference on Renewable Energy and Bioenergy (ICREB 2016), Romania, June 2016.
4. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Capacitance monitoring system for electrostatic wind energy harvester”, 12th International conference on research in engineering, technology, and sciences, Malaysia, December 2015.
5. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Electrostatic harvester for wind energy harvesting and wind speed remote sensing”, IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Canada, May 2015.
6. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Wind energy harvesting using an electrostatic converter for wireless sensor networks”, IEEE International conference on optimization of electrical and electronic equipment OPTIM2014, Romania, May 2014.
7. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Simulation and experimental modeling of a multi-poles variable capacitor for electrostatic wind energy harvester”, Turkish Journal of Electrical engineering & computer sciences, ELK-1212-87, Turkey, April 2013.
8. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Modelling of low power electrostatic wind energy harvester for macro-scale applications”, International Conference on Information and Electronics Engineering (ICIEE), International journal of information and electronic engineering, Singapore, October 2012.
9. Abdulmunam, R. T., Taha, L. Y., Ivey, P. C, “Simulink model of an integrated rotary electrostatic energy harvester”, Optimization of electrical and electronic equipment (OPTIM), 2012 13th International Conference, Romania, pp. 1006–1011, May 2012.
10. Rita T. Abdulmunam, Luay Y. Taha, Paul Ivey, “Design consideration for electrostatic energy
harvester”, International Conference of power and energy engineering (ICPEE), applied mechanics and materials journal, Volume 110-116, Thailand, July 2011.
▪ Member of the Dubai award of sustainable transport DAST jury committee, UAE.
▪ Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK.
▪ Technical committee member for a number of international conferences.
▪ Research interests in engineering lie in the area of energy harvesting systems, simulation, and modelling of power electronic systems and avionics technology.
▪ Research interests in education are modern teaching techniques, engineering education and professional development of teaching faculty.
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.