Masters of Computing
Studied for a Masters in Computing (MCOMP) where I received a distinction and certificate of excellence. Following my masters, I began studying towards a PhD within the area of Security Operations. During this time, I have run the first cyber security conference in Wales, as well as published work in academic conferences within my subject area.
- IY2S600 – Secure Web Programming
- IY4S714 – Practical Application Security
- IY4S715 – Secure Code and Vulnerability Development
- Whitter-Jones J (2018) Security review on the internet of things. In: 2018 Third international conference on fog and mobile edge computing (FMEC). https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8364059
- Whitter-Jones J (2019) The The Little Phone That Could Ch-Ch-Chroot. In: 2019 BSides London. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1906.07242.pdf
- InfoSecurity Magazine: Security Operations Centres – Technologies and Architectures. Available at: https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/next-gen-infosec/security-operations-technology/
- InfoSecurity Magazine: Security Operations Centres – The Human Element. Available at: https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/next-gen-infosec/security-operations-human-element/
Main Organiser and CFP Lead for BSides Wales 2019
Areas of Research Interest
- Internet of Things and Emerging Technologies
- Security Operations Centre
- Hardware Exploitation
- Secure Programming
If you are a journalist on deadline and you need to speak with a member of university staff with particular expertise, please contact the Press Office.